Security Program Playbook
This book and accompanying CD has been developed to provide a series of short subjects on risk mitigation essentials to assist those responsible for security programs within their organizations. It is designed to save you time and to evaluate and develop risk management solutions. Security Program Essentials Playbook contains proven examples from strategic initiatives the Council has undertaken and from the collective knowledge of the Security Executive Council’s members, faculty (former security executives) and staff. This resource is intended to assist adding value to the company’s bottom line; it allows you to align your appetite for risk taking with your corporate growth strategy and budget. Through many years of research the Council has identified the core components of a successful risk mitigation and security program; use the collective knowledge of this work to your advantage and your company’s.
Included in the guide are actual program elements, documentation, examples, templates, outlines, presentations and other components that help you to develop or enhance security related risk mitigation programs. For example, use this resource to add value in regulatory and compliance requirements as well as satisfy customer contracts relative to privacy and information security.
The book is in three-ring binder format to make it easy to add your own content; the CD contains the appendices, which can be modified to your own program. While this guide at this stage is incredibly useful to assist both new and current security practitioners to validate, fine tune or overhaul existing programs, create new ones or assist in their growth – there are more chapters planned.
Click here to view a sample!
- Chapter 1: Understanding the Business & Where Your Security Organization
Fits in the Corporate Scheme
- Chapter 2: Security Leadership—Establishing Yourself & Moving the
- Chapter 3: Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Chapter 4: Strategic Security Planning
- Chapter 5: Marketing the Security Program’s Business
- Chapter 6: Organizational Models
- Chapter 7: Regulations, Guidelines & Standards
- Chapter 8: Information Security
- Chapter 9: Physical Security & First Response
- Chapter 10: Security Training & Education
- Chapter 11: Communication & Awareness Programs
- Chapter 12: Safe & Secure Workplaces
- Chapter 13: Business Conduct
- Chapter 14: Business Resiliency
- Chapter 15: Securing Your Supply Chain
- Chapter 16: Security Measures and Metrics
- Chapter 17: Continuous Learning—Addressing Risk with After-Action
To gain an in-depth understanding of this resource and how you can apply it, please click here to view our Tools and Solutions Snapshot video.
** Note: This resource is available at no cost or at a discount to the Council community and strategic alliance partners based upon their level of involvement. Please contact Rob West if you need assistance.