Chief Security Officer
Federal Emergency Management Agency
The CSO exercises the FEMA-wide security program authorities in the areas of personnel security, physical security, administrative security, special security, counterintelligence operations, insider threat, fraud investigations, and security training and awareness.
Major duties include:
- Oversees a security network charged with safeguarding the agency’s material and information assets and computer systems, as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Manages and directs the development and execution of a FEMA-wide security program comprising the full range of security activities including the security of classified information and programs and the protection of FEMA facilities including regional, field and outlying installations/offices, investigations of security concerns, enforcement of security requirements, identification of security initiatives and establishment of/compliance with security standards for the agency.
- Manages the development and implementation of agency security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, and more. Information protection responsibilities will include Classified National Security Information and Sensitive but Unclassified Information through policy and procedures, program administration, operations security, and employee education and awareness.
- Lead, manage, and oversee operation of organizational, operational, and program planning; critical skill needs assessment(s) and gap analysis, and succession planning; information coordination, management, and outreach; and assurance of effective OCSO operations and customer support services on a daily basis.
- Maintain relationships with local, state, and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
Please see complete list of qualifications online,
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS – MANDATORY
- Demonstrated executive-level experience overseeing and leading the management of comprehensive security programs at the highest level of government or private industry.
- Demonstrated executive-level experience collaboratively working across and integrating organizational lines in implementing comprehensive security programs where not all personnel work under a security program's direct chain of command.
- Demonstrated executive-level experience planning the strategic direction of security programs within scope of responsibilities, evaluating the performance of those programs, and analyzing the implications of changes to the organization and those programs.
How to Apply:
Apply on line