Director, Security Operations Center and Incident Response
In this role as Director of the Security Operations Center and Incident Response (SOC/IR) you will provide leadership and direction for the company’s Security Operations Center and Incident Response program. The director is responsible for implementing and maintaining the company’s overall “protect, defend, contain, eradicate, recover” strategy around cybersecurity. The role includes implementation and operation of security specific technologies, managing third-party providers, and the responsibility for security incident response management. This role is also responsible for creating and maintaining a security threat intelligence program to better inform our security posture. Direct Red/Blue/Purple team assessments and follow-up exercises.
- Direct the SOC/IR team to provide cybersecurity protection, defense, and response capabilities, ensuring 24x7x365 SOC and IR coverage for Vizient information assets.
- Direct the usage of potentially multiple frameworks such as MITRE, NIST, HITRUST, and other frameworks to advance the mission of the SOC/IR program.
- Provide SOC/IR team leadership to create strong a strong response posture with third parties, vendors, and business partners.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the security incident response process, partnering across Vizient and with third parties as needed.
Please see complete job description online.
- 5 or more years experience managing security information and event management (SIEM) systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- 7 or more years experience of information security related experience.
- Proven experience understanding cybersecurity defense and response.
- Proven experience leading a cybersecurity team.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness, as well as confidence to represent the company and security leadership with the highest level of professionalism.
- Proven experience communicating business risk from cybersecurity topics.
- 2 or more years experience in investigations using formal chain-of-custody methods, forensic tools, and best practices.
How to Apply: