Sr. Global Compliance Manager
AIT Worldwide Logistics
The success of the Sr. Manager, Global Compliance will be defined by their ability to manage a team of skilled compliance professionals and develop programs and procedures to ensure that the organization complies with regulatory requirements and company policies. The role monitors business activities for compliance with applicable rules and regulations for local and international logistics operations. The Sr. Manager, Global Compliance will be responsible for working with key stakeholders within the organization to establish and publish compliance metrics, respond to complex compliance related questions, assist with government inspections and investigations, and develop compliance training.
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Lead a team of compliance professionals to ensure ongoing timely support of colleagues with compliance questions, execution of day-to-day responsibilities, and completion of projects, initiatives, and goals.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of U.S. transportation and trade rules and regulations including Indirect Air Carrier Security Program, Certified Cargo Screening Security Program, export controls, sanctions, dangerous goods, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Transportation, Federal Maritime Commission, Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, and others.
- Oversee and coordinate U.S. government agency inspections, investigations, mitigation efforts, and voluntary disclosures.
- Design and coordinate the preparation and ongoing review of policies, procedures, training materials, and other communication tools to ensure departments meet compliance requirements.
- Manage internal compliance audits and publish monthly metrics to identify violations, propose solutions, and drive improvement.
- Develop and implement internal controls to ensure ongoing compliance with rules and regulations.
- Manage Company’s 3rd-Party Risk Management Program and support supplier contracting and vetting procedures.
- Maintain company licensure and registrations.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Global Compliance and other leaders to execute the Company’s global compliance strategy.
- All other duties as the business deems necessary.